Research Associate at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Environmental Sciences at the Institute of Hydraulic Engineering | Hydromechanics and Hydraulic Engineering in the field of “Hydrogeology, Geomorphology, Alpine Natural Hazards”. (Remuneration according to remuneration group 13 TVöD) from 01.07.2023 (or 01.10.2023) for 3 years on a full-time or part-time basis with the subsequent possibility of extension up to a maximum of 6 years.
Our institute represents the subject of hydromechanics and hydraulic engineering in its entire range of research and teaching. Within the framework of our third-party funded research, we are involved in the latest developments. Within the research team established at the institute, experimental and numerical state-of-the-art methods are used in equal measure. The applied field of work and research focuses on investigations of hydrogeological and geomorphological processes in the infiltration of water into frozen soils against the background of climate change in the Alpine region.
- Scientific processing of the DFG-Project “Thermohydraulic processes during water infiltration into frozen soil with implications for geohazards under the influence of climate change”.
- Set-up of a novel laboratory experiment on the infiltration of precipitation into frozen soils with subsequent execution and evaluation of the measurements.
- Set-up of a supplementary field experiment on the infiltration of precipitation into frozen soils, followed by execution and evaluation of the measurements.
- Parameterization of the recorded processes and description of the temperature-dependent infiltration processes as well as the geomorphological consequences (surface runoff, slope failure) against the background of climate change
- Intensive cooperation and exchange with the project partner (Ruhr University Bochum) for the development of a numerical 2D model for temperature-dependent infiltration.
- The possibility to do a dissertation is given.
- You will present your research results together with the project partners in renowned international journals and at national and international conferences.
- You will support teaching in your area of expertise and accompany students in project, seminar, or final theses as well as on national and international excursions.
Please find more information on the position and the application process here.
Please send your application documents (cover letter, CV, diplomas and references) in PDF format (max. 10 MB) by e-mail by 21.04.2023 to: Dr.-Ing. Ivo Baselt (email@example.com)